Thursday, September 8, 2016

My name is Alex Grover and I am 20 years old. I attend Rhode Island College and my major is Elementary Education. A large part of my life is devoted to an activity called color guard. It is the flags, rifles, and sabres you see that enhance a marching band's performance. I am a member of The Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps, which is basically marching band on steroids. Here is a video of our show from this past summer. For three months in the summer, The Cadets learn a field show and travel around the country to perform for thousands of people every night. I am also a member of an organization called Alter Ego, which is a winter guard based out of Trumbull, CT. This requires me to be at rehearsal every Saturday and Sunday from mid October until finals in April. Outside of this activity I don't have much time for anything besides school and a small part time job teaching color guard at Dartmouth High School in Massachusetts.
 The Cadets performing at Epcot 
 My best friend at The Cadets, Lauren 
 Alter Ego 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment